I thought i would kick this thread off. I have been off the board for a LONG time but i thought i would give my highs/lows for the tournament.
1) Helping Ben adjust some key things in his singles finals match so he didn't get double dipped. You played great Ben! Never met anyone who could make adjustments that fast.
2) Linda's designated mixed final. There was less opportunity to help you out compared to Bens match but i thought you used the few things we talked about really freaking well. Tommy's facial expressions from you owning him so hard were so funny. I must admit i was more nervous watching your match compared to any of the matches i/we played or watched. I was so happy for you and Arthur.
3) Finishing 4th in open mixed with Linda Ly (It’s pronounced Lee! lol). What an experience for both of us as our goal was to make top 10. I think we sort of crushed that goal this year and I can honestly say it was truly a team effort. I’m not sure if everyone heard but playing our 7th/8th match AZ called a technical foul on our opponents…so funny. Thankfully I hit the shot as Daniel Lueras was letting me know that he was building a “brick house” on me. It was one of my more favorite matches as both Lexy and Daniel are the typical gritty, trash talking, Colorado foosers. Thanks again Linda you are an amazing player and partner.
4) Finishing 9th in open doubles with Brian L. In the match with Don Swan Brian hit 12 goals in 3 games from the batch! Weapon X was in fine form I must say. I on the other hand was doing my best rod lock impression for the entire match. Even though we lost, we both played great again Pappas and Yore and had a legitimate chance to win that match.
5) Getting to know Phil W man he is a funny dude. It’s too bad he has troubles playing against con artist trickster carnival worker gypsies that uses magic tricks, deception, cuteness, and a British accent to double in pro at Worlds.
6) Winning Expert Doubles with Eric. It was a good thing singles was first and all the open, mixed, and pro doubles events started before expert because after playing matches against some of the world’s best in open and pro, expert was a cake walk. Of course that was up until the winners final and finals. Those two matches were close but fortunately we were able to take them down. Great playing Eric it was fun to get yet another Major tile with you!
7) Last, but certainly not least winning pro doubles. What can I say, it was truly a team effort. We kept positive believed in our abilities and took down some really close matches to get king seat. The finals were against two European players from the Czech republic and Slovakia. They beat us the first match on sweat ball. On sweat ball I had a wide open push side and hit the post! We battled back and forth and I jarred a loose ball off the opponents three bar. I had to do the right thing and give up the ball to his three. I can’t remember if he hit the shot or not but either way we lost the first match. As we had been doing all weekend Brian and I talked about what adjustment we need to make and closed out the second match with intensity, and skill. Amazing experience! Thanks again Brain you are an amazing partner. Congrats champ.
1) Not wearing a jacket to the premium outlet mall when it was 7°C outside!
2) No Rob Atha